Former two division champion Miguel Cotto is claiming that 2010 will be his last year in the sport. He wants to retire by the age of 30, which is next October. Cotto is recovering from the injuries he received during the fight with Manny Pacquiao on November 14. His promoter, Bob Arum, of Top Rank, wants to bring him back in the summer - likely in June on the eve of the Puerto Rican Day Parade.
"Ten months will go by, so perhaps two more fights, and I'm going to walk away from boxing completely," Cotto told P rimera Hora . "I have been champion on three occasions and I am satisfied with what I have carried out [in boxing]. For the moment, I am going to rest during the Christmas period and then I will begin to train little by little."
Jose Luis Castillo has been mentioned as a comeback opponent. If Castillo falls in line, Cotto is willing to fight him. Cotto is also not against a possible move to 154 to face WBA champion Yuri Foreman.
"I've always been open to fighting the big names. I've never said no to anybody and if Castillo is the one, I'll fight him," Cotto said.